Sesame seeds, they’re often ignored when it comes to health foods and while they’re never considered unhealthy, they are rarely thought of as the nutritional powerhouses that they are, in just a single serving of black or white sesame seeds, you’re getting good amounts fatty acids, vitamins, manganese, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, tryptophan, zinc, fiber, thiamin, Vitamin B6, phosphorous, protein and dietary fiber… WOW, that was a lot.
It’s because of this that you should be eating more sesame seeds, but if you need any more persuasion, here’s a list of just a few of the amazing things that sesame seeds can do for you and your body.
1. Want to prevent both diabetes AND lower your blood pressure? Eat more sesame seeds
Besides many, many other things, sesame seeds actually function as a completely natural method of treating diabetes and lowering blood pressure. The reason for this is because of the fact that sesame seeds are rich in nutrients such as magnesium, which has been shown in plenty of research and studies to be quite effective at preventing diabetes. In fact, a single tablespoon of sesame seeds actually contains a whopping 32mg of magnesium, so they really are quite an excellent source of the nutrient.
2. These little tiny seeds actually function as a world-class skin-care product
Sesame seeds can actually make your skin look and feel younger, because of the zinc in it and the healthy oils that it contains. Some of these skin benefits include:
- Maintaining flexibility in the skin, which in turn keeps it soft and smooth.
- Helping the body to produce extra collagen.
- Helping to tighten the skin on your face so that it doesn’t appear wrinkly or saggy in any way.
- Helps to repair damaged skin in the case of a severe burn, so that there is no scarring.
- Say goodbye to wrinkling up from the sun, sesame seeds help to prevent this from happening to you.
- Helps to prevent skin cancer.
3. Sesame seeds have amazing anti-cancer benefits
Now this is a big one, anything that qualifies as a cancer-fighter is a health-food in my book and sesame seeds are just that. Because of it’s higher-than-usual phytosterol content, sesame seeds actually do an incredible job when it comes fighting/preventing cancer in the body, if you want to receive it’s awesome anti-cancer benefits, all you have to do is take a tablespoon or so of the seeds and add them to whatever your currently eating, whether it’s a salad, fruit, yogurt, a smoothie, or anything else, another reason why the sesame seed is such a great candidate for a cancer-fighter is because, not only do they have such amazing benefits, but they also go great with just about anything… Seriously, I dare you to name another food that goes great with blueberry yogurt, but also tastes delicious on a steak. 😉
So? What are you waiting for? Get some sesame seeds ASAP! Not only do they fight cancer, take care of your skin and prevent both diabetes and high blood pressure, but they also taste delicious.